Physician Pharmaceutical Fellowship Program
October 5 - October 5
About the pharmaceutical fellowship program
A one-year training program in collaboration with the Rutgers Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships.
Consists of 6-month rotations in 2 of the following functions:
- Clinical Development
- US Medical
- Worldwide Patient Safety
- Worldwide Medical
In addition to participation as a contributing team member at BMS, fellows will benefit from monthly professional development sessions hosted by the Rutgers Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships.
- Exposure to the drug development process including clinical trial planning and execution, safety monitoring, and medical strategy globally and across major markets.
- Key insights and training to lead a successful career in biopharmaceuticals and drug development.
- Mentorship by industry leaders across clinical trial research, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, and medical strategy.
- Participation in clinical conferences and other training opportunities.
Physician Fellows for the Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program are selected on a nationally competitive basis. Candidates must have an M.D. or D.O., with clinical experience such as completed Residences or Fellowships preferred.
Interviewing is conducted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates may submit their application and supporting materials (letter of intent, curriculum vitae and three (3) letters of recommendation) starting September 23, 2022 by visiting the website.
All application materials must be submitted electronically to the RPIF website per instructions on the site.
Required items and submission deadlines*
- Letter of intent (LOI): October 5th
- Curricuclum Vitae (CV): October 5th
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs): November 10th
*Candidates are considered on a rolling basis. Submission of materials prior to the dates noted is strongly encouraged.
What they said
|“The Physician Fellowship at BMS is a great introduction into the world of the pharmaceutical industry.. My fellowship year, split between clinical development and medical affairs, allowed me to gain an understanding of the role of a physician in both functional areas, and find my niche in the broader matrix team. I was able to gain the fundamental skills to transition into the role of Associate Clinical Trial Physician at BMS. I recommend this fellowship for physicians hoping to ease their transition into the pharmaceutical industry with a support system of passionate mentors and peers.”
ENIOLA YEATES, MD-PhD
US Medical Affairs &Clinical Development Fellow 2021-2022