Women are Key Opinion Leaders
Women are too often absent from industry-driven activities such as skills trainings, advisory boards, speakers’ bureaus and clinical research. These activities represent important opportunities not only to learn, but to diversify scientific decision making and activate innovative ideas to improve patient care. Our industry partners also recognize this opportunity and are increasingly looking for new and meaningful ways to engage women physicians. Women as One is here to help make the match.
CLIMB is a series of activities devoted to bridging the gap between women physicians and a broad array of industry partners. From complex procedural training to ad boards to research opportunities we are looking for ways to improve relationships between women and industry, knowing that it is often these relationships that spark professional growth and scientific innovation.
Coming July 1, 2020
CLIMB will launch with a focus on interventional cardiology. Stay tuned for the details on the following programs!
CLIMB Skills Training
Build your complex interventional cardiovascular procedure skills and gain visibility with CLIMB!
Select up to four topic tracks: Atherectomy; Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO); Hemodynamic Support/Shock; Intracoronary/Intracardiac Imaging
- Application open to women interventional cardiologists worldwide, 3+ years out of training
- 6-month online curriculum featuring didactics, case review & discussion led by expert proceduralists*
- Direct connections to related online training & professional development opportunities from CLIMB program sponsors
- Archived program content posted on the Women as One website and available to all Talent Directory members
- Program is FREE
Apply in 4 Steps:
- Complete/Update Talent Directory Profile
- Indicate which track(s) you are applying for
- Upload a personal Letter of Interest (PDF format)
- Upload a Letter of Support (PDF format) from your Cath Lab Director or other leader at your institution
Applicants notified August 14; Program begins September 2020.
Questions? Please email Alexandra McLeod, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that each track will have its own curriculum and monthly engagement sessions.
Cath Lab Director Round Table
Hear from leading Cath Lab Directors on how they actively support the advancement of women in their labs.
Find out what opportunities our industry partners have available to you.
Click to access various resources and links available.
Women as One congratulates the 5 winners
and 5 semi-finalists of the inaugural Escalator Awards.
2020 ESCALATOR AWARDS WINNERS
Click on an image below to read the bio of each winner.
2020 ESCALATOR AWARDS SEMI-FINALISTS
Click on an image below to read the bio of each semi-finalist.
Women as One is grateful to the following sponsors for their support of the Women as One Escalator Awards.
Research shows that almost 40% of women physicians go part-time or leave medicine altogether within six years of completing their residencies. The reason? Family. Women as One is focused on improving the culture of medicine to normalize and standardize family planning, pregnancy, parental leave and return to work practices and policies.
This project entails a rolling set of activities aimed to educate, inspire and change the culture of cardiology to be more family friendly.
So I Married a Cardiologist
Women as One hosted a organized a discussion among cardiologist couples to explore how they balance their careers and home. The goal is to inspire discussion, leadership, and change in support of families in the medical field.
- Career Preferences and Perceptions of Cardiology Among US Internal Medicine Trainees READ MORE
- The Pregnant Cardiologist READ MORE
- Pregnancy During Cardiology Training: We Need a Policy READ MORE
- Establishing and Expecting a Culture of Support for Breastfeeding Cardiology Fellows READ MORE
- SCAI Consensus Document on Occupational Radiation Exposure to the Pregnant Cardiologist and Technical Personnel READ MORE
- Why Women Leave Medicine READ MORE
- Men Say They Want Paid Leave but Then Don’t Use All of It. What Stops Them? READ MORE
The wage, total compensation and investment gaps are related. The key to closing them? Transparency and education across industries.
This project entails a rolling set of activities aimed to educate, inspire and arm women with the confidence they need to become financially empowered.
Women as One hosted a organized a discussion among early career cardiologists about money. The hope is to promote more transparency and dialogue about these topics in an effort to encourage financial literacy and confidence among women.
Insights from an Entrepreneur
Interview with: Samantha Rudolph
Founder & CEO, Babyation
Click a category below to access various resources and links available.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Women as One feels it is more important than ever to support women in medicine. Many of the front line healthcare workforce include women; nurses, technicians, physicians and many others who bravely go to work each day, often without adequate protection, to treat patients who are scared and alone. At home, women face additional unexpected responsibilities, and in some cases must even distance themselves from their families.
This is an incredibly stressful time, and so we have compiled a source of information in support of your wellbeing that we hope you find useful now and in the months to follow. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you do today and every day, and hope that we can soon return to state of calm.
THE IMPACT OF TRAUMA
1. Explore the underpinnings of traumatic stress
2. Discuss common reactions and how trauma uniquely impacts women
3. Review related support tools for ourselves and each other
Dr. Tara Galovski, PhD
Dr. Patricia Watson, PhD
Dr. Sonya Norman, PhD
Dr. Debra Kaysen, PhD
Covid Coach App
The COVID Coach app was created by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to support self-care and overall mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Webinar on wellness & resilience in the face of crisis
Finding Grit & Grace to Lead during COVID-19
Recorded on April 14, 2020
Hosted by Sasha Shillcutt, MD, MS – physician and author of “Between Grit and Grace: How to be Feminine and Formidable”
Causes We Care About
Over the next several months, Women as One will donate funds to organizations we believe will make a positive impact in the fight against COVID-19. We hope you will also consider donating to these worthy organizations.